The servant's actual readiness for the coming of his Lord, described, and recommended [microform] : In two discourses preached at Lexington, December 17th. 1752. Being the Lord's Day after the funeral of their late venerable and aged pastor, the Reverend Mr. John Hancock, who going to bed as well as usual the night after the 5th of December, and awaking some time after midnight with a great pain in his stomach, died in a few minutes. In the 82d year of his age, and 54th of his ministry. / By Nathaniel Appleton, A.M. Pastor of the First Church in Cambridge. ; Published at the request of the people of Lexington. ; [Five lines from Mark].
- Appleton, Nathaniel, 1693-1784
- Boston : Printed by S. Kneeland, 1752.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 39 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 21 cm (8vo)
- Half-title: Mr. Appleton's two discourses on the death of the Reverend Mr. John Hancock, preached at Lexington, December 17th 1752.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 6810).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 6810
View MARC record | catkey: 3277874