Grammatical institutes: or, An easy introduction to Dr. Lowth's English grammar [microform] : designed for the use of schools. And to lead young gentlemen and ladies, into the knowledge of the first principles of the English language. / By John Ash. ; With an appendix, containing, I. The declension of irregular and defective verbs. II. The application of the grammatical institutes. III. Some useful observations on the ellipsis. ; To which is now added, select lessons, to instil just sentiments of virtue in youth. And a collection of books, proper for young gentlemen and ladies, to shorten the path to knowledge
- Ash, John, 1724?-1779
- [New York] : London, printed: New-York, re-printed and sold by Hugh Gaine, at the Bible and Crown, in Hanover-Square, 1774.
- The seventh edition, revised and corrected.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 1 unnumbered page, 24-163 pages, 5 unnumbered pages
- Related Titles:
- Library for young gentlemen and ladies
- "A library for young gentlemen and ladies."--p. -163., Bookseller's advertisement, p. [164-167]., and ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 13123).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 13123
View MARC record | catkey: 3277917