An almanack of the caelestial motions, aspects, and eclipses, for the year of the Christian aera, 1721 [microform] : ... Fitted to the meridian of Boston, N.E. whose latitude is 42 degr. 25 min. n. & 4 hours 44 minutes w. of London. / By a native of New-England
- Bowen, Nathan, 1698-1776
- Boston : Printed for N. Boone, & B. Gray, at their shops in Cornhill; & J. Edwards, at his shop in Kingstreet, 1721 [i.e., 1720?]
- Physical Description:
- 16 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 16 cm (8vo)
- Advertisement for books sold by Nicholas Boone, Benjamin Gray, and John Edwards, p. [15-16].
All the issues in this series of almanacs by "the native" are generally acknowledged to be the work of Nathan Bowen. Cf. Evans, and C.L. Nichols, Notes on the almanacs of Massachusetts, Proc. Amer. Antiq. Soc., n.s. 22 (1912): 30. Many of the issues, all but two of which are entitled the New-England diary, or almanac, are signed by Bowen.
At head of title: MDCCXXI.
The Anatomy is the only illustration.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 39736).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Bristol, R.P. Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography, B595
Drake, M. Almanacs, 2994
Shipton, C.K. National index of American imprints through 1800 39736
View MARC record | catkey: 3278841