The New-England almanack; and gentleman's and lady's diary, for the year of our Lord 1779 [microform] : ... Fitted to the horizon and meridian of New London, lat. 41 degrees 25 minutes north; long. 72 degrees 4 minutes to the westward of the observatory of Greenwich in England. / By Edmund Freebetter. ; [Six lines of verse].
- Daboll, Nathan, 1750-1818
- New-London [Conn.] : Printed and sold by T. Green, 
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 17 cm (8vo)
- "The calculations for this almanack are the performance of the most approved astronomer in this state ..." -- note on p. , signed: E.F.
Advertised in the Connecticut gazette, New London, Nov. 20, 1778.
For attribution of the Freebetter series to Daboll, see: Bates, A.C. "Checklist of Connecticut almanacs, 1709-1850." Proceedings of the American Antiquarian Society n.s. 24 (1914): 125-129.
The Anatomy is the only illustration.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 15777).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Drake, M. Almanacs, 323
Evans, C. American bibliography, 15777
Johnson, H.A. New London, 1067
Trumbull, J.H. Connecticut, 226
View MARC record | catkey: 3280767