Divine examples of God's severe judgements upon Sabbath breakers, in their unlawful sports [microform] : collected out of several divine subjects ...
- Boston in New-England : Re-printed and sold [by Bartholomew Green] in Newbury-Street, [1718?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) : illustrations (relief cuts)
- Additional Creators:
- Franklin, James, 1697-1735
- Dated  by Bristol. However, Wroth, Lawrence C. American woodcuts and engravings, 1670-1800, Providence, 1946, p. 42-43, suggests that the broadside was printed by Bartholomew Green about the year 1718. Green was at this address in 1718.
Earlier edition published at London in 1671.
Text in four columns.
Woodcuts (Reilly 1169 and 1170), signed "J.F. sculp.", attributed to James Franklin by Wroth. Previously the cuts were attributed to John Foster; cf. Green, Samuel A. John Foster, the earliest American engraver ... Boston, 1909, p. 13-14.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 39462).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Bristol, R.P. Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography, B314
Ford, W.C. Broadsides, 311
Shipton, C.K. National index of American imprints through 1800 39462
View MARC record | catkey: 3281147