Father Abraham's almanack, (on an entire new plan.) For the year of our Lord 1765. ... [microform] / By Abraham Weatherwise, gent
- Philadelphia : Printed and sold by W. Dunlap, 
- Physical Description:
- 40 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 17 cm (12mo)
- Additional Creators:
- Tobler, John, 1696-1765 and Turner, James, -1759
- Advertised in the Pennsylvania gazette, Philadelphia, Sept. 27, 1764.
Calculated by John Tobler. The astronomical notes on the calendar pages (with some omissions and additions), and all the calculations for the moon (excepting five at the head of January and February), are identical with those in the Wilmington almanack for 1765, published at Wilmington by James Adams under the pseudonymous authorship of Thomas Fox. The calendar pages in the Wilmington series are identical line for line with those in the edition of Tobler's Pennsylvania town and country-man's almanack also published by Adams.
The frontispiece, with "1765" inserted, is that published in the 1760 issue, with the initials J.T. (James Turner).
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 9864).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Drake, M. Almanacs, 9871
Evans, C. American bibliography, 9864
Hildeburn, C.R. Pennsylvania, 2083
View MARC record | catkey: 3281724