A master-key to popery [microform] : in five parts. Part I. Containing a discovery of the most secret practices of the secular and regular Romish priests in their auricular confession. Part II. A true copy of the Pope's yearly bull of indulgencies and pardon of sins, to all those that serve in the war against the enemies of the Romish religion. The explanation of the bull, with some remarks upon it. Part III. An account of their masses, privileg'd altars, transubstantiation, and purgatory, and of the means the priests make use of to delude the people. Part. IV. Of the inquisitors, and their practices in several instances. Part V. Of their prayers, adoration of images, and relicks, &c. / By D. Antonio Gavin, ; born and educated in Spain, some years secular priest in the Church of Rome, and since 1715, minister of the Church of England
- Gavin, Antonio, active 1726
- [Newport, R.I.] : London, printed: Newport, Rhode-Island: reprinted and sold by Solomon Southwick, in Queen-Street, 1773.
- The third edition, carefully corrected.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 1 unnumbered page, 15-300 pages ; 22 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Caroline, Queen, consort of George II, King of Great Britain, 1683-1737
- Dedicated to her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 12784).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Alden, J.E. Rhode Island, 513
Evans, C. American bibliography, 12784
View MARC record | catkey: 3282370