H-ds-n's speech from the pillory [microform].
- [Boston] : Sold by N. Hurd, near the exchange, and at the Heart and Crown in Cornhill, Boston, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Hudson, Seth, 1705-1767 and Hurd, Nathaniel, 1730-1777
- Related Titles:
- Hudson's speech from the pillory
- "The engraving is by Nathaniel Hurd and is in fine detail, suggesting the use of an English design or plate, with the profile of Hudson and motto inserted. The plate is usually colored."--Ford.
Seth Hudson and Joshua How were tried and convicted of counterfeiting at Boston in 1762.
Text in two columns.
Verse of thirty lines; first line: What mean these crouds, this noise and roar
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 9144).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 9144
Ford, W.C. Broadsides, 1268
View MARC record | catkey: 3283061