An oration; delivered March 5, 1774 [microform] : at the request of the inhabitants of the town of Boston: to commemorate the bloody tragedy of the fifth of March 1770. / By the Honorable John Hancock, Esq; ; [Five lines in Latin from Virgil].
- Hancock, John, 1737-1793
- Boston : Printed by Edes and Gill, in Queen Street, M,DCC,LXXIV. 
- (The second edition.).
- Physical Description:
- 20 pages ; 23 cm (4to)
- Additional Creators:
- Adams, Samuel, 1722-1803
Church, Benjamin, 1734-1778
Cooper, Samuel, 1725-1783
Warren, Joseph, 1741-1775
- Authorship of the oration has been attributed to Samuel Adams, to Benjamin Church and Joseph Warren, and to Samuel Cooper. See T.R. Adams, who notes, "In all probability a number of Boston radicals had a hand in its composition."
Half-title: An oration delivered March fifth, 1774.
Parentheses substituted for square brackets enclosing edition statement.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 13315).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Adams, T.R. Amer. pamphlets, 117b
Evans, C. American bibliography, 13315
View MARC record | catkey: 3283146