A narrative of the troubles with the Indians in New-England [microform] : from the first planting thereof in the year 1607. to this present year 1677. But chiefly of the late troubles in the two last years, 1675. and 1676. : To which is added a discourse about the warre with the Pequods in the year 1637. / By W. Hubbard, Minister of Ipswich. ; [Twelve lines of quotations] ; Pnblished [sic] by authority
- Hubbard, William, 1621 or 1622-1704
- Boston : Printed by John Foster, In the year 1677.
- Physical Description:
- 14 unnumbered pages, 132 pages, 8 unnumbered pages, 7-12 pages, 2 unnumbered pages, 88 pages, 1 unnumbered folded leaf : 1 map ; 20 cm (4to)
- Additional Creators:
- Leete, William, 1612 or 1613-1683, Leverett, John, 1616-1679, Shepard, Jeremiah, 1648-1720, Tompson, Benjamin, 1642-1714, Winslow, Josiah, 1629?-1680, and Foster, John, 1648-1681
- Dedicated to John Leverett, Josiah Winslow and William Leete., Dedicatory poems to Hubbard, p. [11-13], 1st count. Probably by Jeremiah Shepard and Benjamin Tompson., Errata notes, p. , 1st count, and p. 88 at end., Error in paging: p. 84, 86, 88, 90 not numbered; p. 85, 87, 89, 91, 92 misnumbered 84-88 respectively., For a discussion of the states of this edition, see: Adams, R.G. "Hubbard's Narrative, 1677." Papers of the Bibliographical Society of America 33 (1939): 25-39., The map of New England, probably cut by John Foster, was the first produced in America. For a discussion of the "White Hills" and "Wine Hills" variants, see: Holman, R.B. "John Foster's woodcut map of New England." Printing and Graphic Arts 8 (1960): 53-96., and ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 231).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 231 and Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) H3211
View MARC record | catkey: 3283796