The life of David Hume, Esq; the philosopher and historian [microform] / written by himself. ; To which are added, the Travels of a philosopher, containing observations on the manners and arts of various nations, in Africa and Asia. From the French of M. le Poivre, late envoy to the King of Cochin-China, and now intendant of the Isles of Bourbon and Mauritius
- Hume, David, 1711-1776
- Philadelphia : Printed and sold by Robert Bell, next door to St. Paul's Church, in Third-Street, M,DCC,LXXVIII. 
- Physical Description:
- 62 pages, 2 unnumbered pages ; 20 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Smith, Adam, 1723-1790, Strahan, William, 1715-1785, and Poivre, Pierre, 1719-1786
- "Letter from Adam Smith, LL.D. to William Strahan, Esq; giving some account of Mr. Hume, during his last sickness."--p. -13., "Travels of a philosopher: containing, observations on the manners and arts of various nations, in Africa and Asia. From the French of M. le Poivre ..."--p. -62, with separate title page., Bookseller's advertisement, p. ., Issued as part of: Miscellanies for sentimentalists ... Philadelphia : Robert Bell, 1778 (Evans 15914). Also issued separately (Evans 15853)., Printed in two columns., and ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 15914).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 15914
View MARC record | catkey: 3283807