The First book of the American chronicles of the times. Chap. I [microform].
- Leacock, John, 1729-1802
- [Boston] : Sold by D. Kneeland, in Queen-Street. Where also may be had the list of the addressers to the late Gov. Hutchinson, and protesters against the solemn league and covenant, 
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 19 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Adams, Samuel, 1722-1803
- Related Titles:
- American chronicles of the times
- "... said to be wrote by that great patriot ... S----l A---s [i.e., Samuel Adams], Esquire, a member for this province in the Grand American Continental Congress."--from an advertisement for the work in: The Wonder of wonders ... 2nd ed., Salem, Mass. : E. Russell, 1775. A portrait of Adams appears on the title page of Russell's edition of the present work (Salem, 1774)., By John Leacock. Leacock's play, "The fall of British tyranny," was advertised in the Constitutional gazette, July 3, 1776, as "by the author of the American chronicles of the times." Cf. Carla Mulford's Introduction to "John Leacock's The first book of the American chronicles of the times, 1774-1775" (Newark : University of Delaware Press, 1987)., Caption title., Imprint from colophon. Date of publication supplied by Bristol., The events preceding the American Revolution, related in mock-Biblical style., and ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 42598).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Bristol, R.P. Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography, B3735 and Shipton, C.K. National index of American imprints through 1800 42598
View MARC record | catkey: 3284471