Meat quality analysis : advanced evaluation methods, techniques, and technologies / edited by Ashim Kumar Biswas, Prabhat Kumar Mandal
- London ; San Diego, CA : Academic Press, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (459 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Biswas, Ashim Kumar and Mandal, Prabhat Kumar
- Meat Quality Analysis: Advanced Evaluation Methods, Techniques, and Technologies takes a modern approach to identify a compositional and nutritional analysis of meat and meat products, post-mortem aging methods, proteome analysis for optimization of the aging process, lipid profiles, including lipid mediated oxidations, meat authentication and traceability, strategies and detection techniques of potential food-borne pathogens, pesticide and drug residues, including antimicrobial growth promoters, food preservatives and additives, and sensory evaluation techniques. This practical reference will be extremely useful to researchers and scientists working in the meat industry, but will also be valuable to students entering fields of meat science, quality and safety. Presents focused detection techniques for reducing or eliminating foodborne pathogens from meatIncludes strategies and methods on how to better understand meat authenticity and traceability, including meat speciationProvides tables, figures and illustrations to facilitate a better understanding of techniques and methods.
9780128192344 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Endowment Note:
- Charles W. Lubin Memorial Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 32852016