Reform of the church : crisis and criticism in historical perspective / Robert E. McNally
- McNally, Robert E.
- [New York, New York] : Herder and Herder,  and [Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (140 pages).
- HeinOnline religion and the law
- The papacy (1294-1414) -- Councils of Constance and Basle -- The papacy (1417-1517) -- Divided Christendom -- Conclusion : the reform of the church.
- An offering, especially to Catholics, to see the sixteenth-century ecclesiastical reality in its roots. The author is not engaged in polemics. He is a Roman Catholic and his loyalties will give his study an indeliberate slant to his Church's advantage. However, it is obvious that he is also ecumenically minded. His rapid pulling together of the various factors in the historical complex, now called the Reformation, should help all those who are striving to bring the different Christian communities into fruitful and fraternal conversation in the dynamic hope for unity.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 32853014