Strategic Marketing in the Global Forest Industries / Eric Hansen
- Corvallis, Oregon : Oregon State University, 2018. and Minneapolis, MN : Open Textbook Library
- Copyright Date:
- Third Edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Hansen, Eric, 1968-, Juslin, Heikki, and Open Textbook Library
- Open textbook library
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Chapter 1: The Context of The Forest Industry and Its Markets -- Chapter 2: Understanding Forest Products Marketing -- Chapter 3: The Marketing Environment, An Information Approach -- Chapter 4: Strategy and Strategic Planning -- Chapter 5: Marketing Structures -- Chapter 6: Marketing Functions -- Chapter 7: Putting Together a Marketing Plan
- The forest industry is increasingly global and every marketer of forest products should have a global perspective. As a natural resource-based industry, the forest industry has an especially high profile role in environmental protection and is increasingly involved in climate change mitigation and management. Global forests are not only important because they provide a source of industrial raw material, but also because of the various other human needs they satisfy. A forest products marketer should have a basic understanding of the role that global forests play in society. Major societal trends are impacting the external environment within which the forest industry operates. We provide an overview of global forests and a brief description of the markets for the main categories of the forest industry.
- Copyright Note:
View MARC record | catkey: 32854610