Dictionary poetics : toward a radical lexicography
- Dworkin, Craig Douglas
- New York : Fordham University Press, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Verbal Arts: Studies in Poetics Ser
- Introduction: Toward an Experimental Lexicography -- Funk & Wagnalls Practical Standard Dictionary of the English Language and Louis Zukofsky's Thanks to the Dictionary -- Webster's Collegiate and Louis Zukofsky's The Oxford English Dictionary and George Oppen's Discrete Series -- Webster's New Collegiate and the Poetry of Clark Coolidge and Bernadette Mayer -- The Random House Dictionary of the English Language and the Poetry of Tina Darragh -- Juba to Jive: A Dictionary of African-American Slang and Harryette Mullen's Muse & Drudge.
- Dictionary Poetics analyses book-length poems from a number of writers who have used particular editions of specific dictionaries to structure their work. Authors include Louis Zukofsky , George Oppen, Clark Coolidge, Bernadette Mayer, Tina Darragh, and Harryette Mullen.
- 0823287971 (electronic bk.), 9780823287970 (electronic bk.), 9780823287994, and 0823287998
View MARC record | catkey: 32858903