Innovators, firms, and markets : the organizational logic of intellectual property / Jonathan M. Barnett
- Barnett, Jonathan M.
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (256 pages) : illustrations (black and white).
- Conventional wisdom holds that robust enforcement of intellectual property (IP) right suppress competition and innovation by shielding incumbents against the entry threats posed by smaller innovators. That assumption has driven mostly successful efforts to weaken US patent protections for over a decade. This text challenges that assumption. In 'Innovators, Firms, and Markets', Jonathan M. Barnett confronts the reigning policy consensus by analyzing the relationship between IP rights, firm organization, and market structure.
- 9780190908621 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Also issued in print: 2021.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32861742