Nanocarriers: Drug Delivery System [electronic resource] : An Evidence Based Approach / edited by Nirmal Shah
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2021.
- 1st ed. 2021.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 483 pages 71 illustrations, 53 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Shah, Nirmal and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Part 1: Targeted Drug Delivery -- Chapter 1: Fundamentals of Nanocarriers and Drug Targeting -- Chapter 2: Role of lipid Nanocarriers in Lymphatic Targeting: Promises and Safety Considerations -- Part 2: Nano Particulate Drug Delivery Carriers -- Chapter 3: Synthesis, Pharmacokinetics and Toxicity of Nano-Drug Carriers -- Chapter 4: Nanostructured Lipid Carriers (NLCs): A Modern Versatile Drug Delivery Vehicle -- Chapter 5: Nanocapsules -- Chapter 6: Nanodiamonds for Theragnostic: Manufacturing and Biomedical Applications -- Chapter 7: Evaluation of Nanotoxicity using Zebrafish: Preclinical Model -- Part 3: Nano Vesicular Drug Delivery Carriers -- Chapter 8: Niosomes: A Novel Nanometric Vesicular Systems for Drug Delivery -- Chapter 9: Cubosomes: Novel Nanocarriers for Drug Delivery -- Chapter 10: Self-Nanoemulsifying Drug Delivery Systems (SNEDDS): An Innovative Approach To Improve Oral Bioavailability -- Chapter 11: Nanotechnological Approach for Design and Delivery of Phytopharmaceuticals -- Chapter 12: Liposomes: As a Potential Drug Carrier -- Part 4: Nanocarriers in Biotechnology -- Chapter 13: Potential Applications of Cationic Lipids in Nucleic Acid Based Therapeutic Delivery System -- Chapter 14: Nanocarriers in Protein and Peptide Drug Delivery -- Part 5: Nanocarriers in Oral Cancer -- Chapter 15: Nanotechnology in Oral Cancer Treatment -- Part 6: Nanocarriers for Site Specific Delivery -- Chapter 16: Nanocarriers in Transdermal Drug Delivery -- Chapter 17: Leveraging Nanotechnology in Cosmeceuticals: Formulation, Characterization, Regulatory Status and Toxicity -- Chapter 18: Nanotechnology in Ocular Drug Delivery.
- A suitable drug delivery system is an essential element in achieving efficient therapeutic responses of drug molecules. With this desirability in mind, the book unites different techniques through which extremely small-sized particles can be utilized as a successful carrier for curing chronic as well as life-threatening diseased conditions. This is a highly informative and prudently organized book, providing scientific insight for readers with an interest in nanotechnology. Beginning with an overview of nanocarriers, the book impetuses on to explore other essential ways through which these carriers can be employed for drug delivery to varieties of administrative routes. This book discusses the functional and significant features of nanotechnology in terms of Lymphatic and other drug targeting deliveries. The book is presenting depth acquaintance for various vesicular and particulate nano-drug delivery carriers, utilized successfully in Pharmaceutical as well as in Cosmeceutical industries along with brief information on their related toxicities. In addition, the work also explores the potential applications of nanocarriers in biotechnology sciences for the prompt and safe delivery of nucleic acid, protein, and peptide-based drugs. An exclusive section in the book illuminates the prominence and competent applicability of nanotechnology in the treatment of oral cancer. The persistence of this book is to provide basic to advanced information for different novel carriers which are under scale-up consideration for the extensive commercialization. The book also includes recent discoveries and the latest patents of such nanocarriers. The cutting-edge evidence of these nanocarriers available in this book is beneficial to students, research scholars, and fellows for promoting their advanced research.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- PDF and text file
View MARC record | catkey: 32863528