Molecular Identification of Mosquito Vectors and Their Management [electronic resource] / edited by Tapan Kumar Barik
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XI, 225 pages 26 illustrations, 5 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Barik, Tapan Kumar and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter 1. Unravelling Mosquito Species Complex through DNA barcodes: Complementing Morphological Identification for Accurate Discrimination -- Chapter 2. From Linnaean system to Machine learning based-SNP Barcoding: A changing epitome of mosquito species Identification -- Chapter 3. Chemical methods for control of Mosquito vectors -- Chapter 4. Use of Phytochemicals: A promising and eco-friendly approach for the management of mosquito vector populations -- Chapter 5. Toxins of Bacillus thuringiensis: A novel microbial insecticide for mosquito vector control -- Chapter 6. Biocontrol of mosquito Vectors: A new dimension to prevent mosquito borne diseases -- Chapter 7. Environmental management and sustainable control of mosquito vector : challenges and opportunities -- Chapter 8. Mosquito Repellent: A Novel Approach for Human Protection -- Chapter 9. Nano-biotechnology: A new window for management of mosquito vectors -- Chapter 10. Application of radiation for the management of mosquito vectors.-.
- This book summarizes the recent advancements in identifying the mosquito vectors and discusses various strategies for their control. The book describes various molecular taxonomic methods, including DNA barcoding and single nucleotide polymorphism-based machine learning approach, which are used for the identification of mosquito vectors. It also presents the various mosquito control methods, namely, phytochemicals, Bacillus thuringiensis toxins, nanotechnology, biological control agents, and environmental management strategies. It also highlights the importance of various repellents that are used for protection from different kinds of mosquito vectors. Finally, the book offers a comprehensive yet representative description of challenges associated with mosquito vector-borne diseases. The book is a useful resource for medical entomologists, health workers, and researchers working in mosquito-control and vector-borne diseases.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 32863695