By His Excellency William Shirley, Esq; ... A proclamation [microform] : Whereas the great and General Court or assembly of this province, upon due consideration of the great importance of the expedition against the French at Cape-Breton, and how necessary it is that the land-forces at the siege of Louisbourgh should be strengthned [sic] and reinforced, have now voted an encouragement for the raising four hundred voluntiers for that service ... Given at the Council-chamber in Boston the first day of June, 1745 ...
- Corporate Author:
- Massachusetts. Governor (1741-1757 : Shirley)
- Boston : Printed by J. Draper, printer to his excellency the governour and Council, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) : coat of arms ; 44 x 32 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Shirley, William, 1694-1771 and Massachusetts. General Court
- Printed area measures 37.4 x 22.7 cm.
Signed: By order of the governour, with the advice of the Council, W. Shirley. J. Willard, secr.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 40370).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Bristol, R.P. Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography, B1287
Ford, W.C. Broadsides, 820
Shipton, C.K. National index of American imprints through 1800 40370
View MARC record | catkey: 3286509