An arrow against profane and promiscuous dancing [microform] : Drawn out of the quiver of the Scriptures. / By the ministers of Christ at Boston in New-England. ; [Four lines of quotations].
- Mather, Increase, 1639-1723
- Boston : Printed by Samuel Green, and are to be sold by Joseph Brunning, 1684 [i.e., 1686]
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 30 pages ; (8vo)
- Attributed to Increase Mather by T.J. Holmes. Holmes cites Samuel Sewall's diary to establish the date of publication as Tuesday, Feb. 16, 1685/6. According to Holmes, the second edition or impression recorded by Evans (entry 414) is a ghost of the present edition. and ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 370). and Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 414).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 370, Evans, C. American bibliography, 414, Holmes, T.J. Increase Mather, 6, and Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) M1183
View MARC record | catkey: 3287285