A Modest apology for Parson Alberoni, governour to King Philip, a minor; and universal Curate of the whole Spanish monarchy [microform] : the whole being a short, but unanswerable defence of priestcraft, and a new confutation of the Bishop of Bangor. : [Five lines of Latin verse from Buchan].
- [Boston?] : [publisher not identified], Printed in the year 1724.
- The twelfth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages ; 17 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Gordon, Thomas, -1750 and Horneck, Philip, 1673 or 1674-1728
- Attacking many Catholic priests, including Alberoni.
Bookseller's advertisement, p. 32.
Place of publication suggested by Evans.
Variously attributed to Thomas Gordon and to Philip Horneck.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 2536).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 2536
View MARC record | catkey: 3287649