A Narrative of an attempt made by the French of Canada upon the Mohaques country, being Indians under the protection of Their Majesties government of New-York [microform] : To which is added, I. An account of the present state and strength of Canada, given by two Dutch-men, who have been prisoners there, and now made their escape. 2. The examination of a French prisoner. 3 His Excellency Benjamin Fletcher's speech to the Indians. 4. The answer of the Five Nations of the Mohaques to His Excellency. 5. Proposals made by the four chief sachims of the Five Nations, to His Excellency. And His Excellency's reply thereto. 6. An address from the Corporation of Albany to His Excellency, returning thanks for His Excellency's early assistance for their relief, &c.
- [New York?] : Printed and sold by William Bradford, Anno 1693.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages ; 28 cm (folio)
- Additional Creators:
- Bayard, Nicholas, 1644-1707, Ludovici, C. (Christian), 1660-1728, and New York (Colony). Governor (1692-1698 : Fletcher)
- "A journal kept by Coll. Nicholas Beyard and Lieut. Coll. Charles Lodwick, who attended His Excellency in this expedition."--p. -3. Signed: Nicholas Beyard, Coll. Charles Lodwick, Lieut. Coll.
Imprint from colophon. William Bradford printed in both New York and Philadelphia in 1693.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 632).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 632
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed., 1994) B1461
View MARC record | catkey: 3287868