Crash [electronic resource] : cinema and the politics of speed and stasis / Karen Beckman
- Beckman, Karen Redrobe, 1971-
- Durham, NC : Duke University Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 305 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "Jerky nearness" : spectatorship, mobility, and collision in early cinema -- Car wreckers and home lovers : the automobile in silent slapstick -- Doing death over : industrial-safety films, accidental-motion studies, and the involuntary crash test dummy -- Disaster time, the Kennedy assassination, and Andy Warhol's Since (1966/2002) -- Film falls apart : Crash, Semen, and Pop -- Crash aesthetics : Amores perros and the dream of cinematic mobility -- The afterlife of Weekend, or, the university found on a scrapheap.
- 9780822347088 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780822347262 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -288) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32880782