Province of New-Hampshire[.] By His Excellency Benning Wentworth, Esq; ... A proclamation for a general thanksgiving [microform] : ... Thursday the 25th day of November ... Given at the Council chamber in Portsmouth the [illegible] day of November, in the 30th year of His Majesty's reign, annoque Domini, 1750. ...
- Corporate Author:
- New Hampshire. Governor (1741-1767 : Wentworth)
- [Boston?] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 39 x 32 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Wentworth, Benning, 1696-1770
- Bristol suggests Portsmouth as place of publication. However, printing was not introduced in New Hampshire until 1756.
Signed: By His Excellency's command, with advice of Council. B. Wentworth. Theodore Atkinson, secretary.
The Library of Congress copy bears a number of manuscript changes, and was evidently altered for use in preparing the 1758 thanksgiving proclamation.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 40556).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Bristol, R.P. Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography, B1502
Shipton, C.K. National index of American imprints through 1800 40556
View MARC record | catkey: 3288130