Land and labor, 1866-1867 [electronic resource] / edited by René Hayden, Anthony E. Kaye, Kate Masur, Steven F. Miller, Susan E. O'Donovan, Leslie S. Rowland and Stephen A. West
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xxxiv, 1070 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hayden, René and United States. National Archives and Records Administration
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Enforcing free labor -- Possession and dispossession -- Labor on plantation and farm -- Nonagricultural labor -- Labor and family life -- Commerce, credit, and debt -- Dependency and relief -- Workers on the move -- In search of landed independence.
- Freed persons—Southern States—History—Sources
- Freed persons—Southern States—Economic conditions—Sources
- African Americans—History—1863-1877—Sources
- African Americans—Land tenure—Southern States—History—19th century—Sources
- African Americans—Employment—Southern States—History—19th century—Sources
- Southern States—History—1865-1877—Sources
- Southern States—Race relations—History—19th century—Sources
- United States—Race relations—History—19th century—Sources
- 9781469607429 (cloth : alk. paper)
- The source of all the documents published in the Freedom series is the United States National Archives and Records Administration.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32883118