Help in sight [electronic resource] : developing an employee assistance program / James D. Slack
- Slack, James D., 1952-
- London : SAGE Publications: SAGE Business Cases Originals, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- SAGE Business Cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Three school administrators rode together to a funeral service. After decades of teaching and coaching girls' basketball at the middle school, their coworker Chris had committed suicide. En route to the cemetery, talk turned to speculation as to why this coworker, obviously beloved by generations of students, might have taken his life-and the impact it had on so many employees and students in the school. They wonder if the school district might be liable for his death and, regardless, what could be done in their workplace to help employees who suffer from mental health issues. The three administrators conclude that an employee assistance program (EAP) might provide needed help. But does their small work organization have the capacity for this kind of change?
- 9781529734010 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32883965