Is there a prescription for strategic IT decisions? [electronic resource] / Sherah Kurnia, Dora Constantinidis, Alison Jane Parkes, Peter B. Seddon
- Kurnia, Sherah
- Additional Titles:
- Is there a prescription for strategic information technology decisions?
- London : Palgrave MacMillan UK, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Constantinidis, Dora, Parkes, Alison Jane, and Seddon, Peter B., 1947-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Strategic IT decisions are complex and critical since they significantly influence an organisation's growth and long-term survival. This case provides insights into the key factors that influenced the strategic IT decision-making process at a major Australian pharmaceutical company (PHARMA). A decision was made under pressure to upgrade the existing enterprise resource planning system at PHARMA in order to meet an increased need for demand forecasting and planning. The implications of strategic IT decision-making theory and practice are discussed in relation to this case study.
- 9781529720624 (ebook)
- Originally Published InKurnia, S., Constantinidis, D., Parkes, A. J., & Seddon, P. B. (2016). Is there a prescription for strategic IT decisions?. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases, 7, 1-8.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32884958