A longitudinal study to evaluate participants' change during job training [electronic resource] : job clubs for older workers / Yoshie Nakai, Stephen C. Hill, Andrea F. Snell and Harvey Sterns
- Nakai, Yoshie
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2021.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Hill, Stephen C., Snell, Andrea F., and Sterns, Harvey
- SAGE research methods cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This case study portrays a longitudinal research method used to examine the outcomes during a 3-week job search training program called job club for older workers. The training participants completed a questionnaire on their attitudes toward job search and perceived usefulness of training up to six times during the 3-week training. In collaboration with a hosting organization, we collected data from 585 participants in 56 job clubs. We analyzed the repeated measures of these outcomes using latent growth modeling. In this case, we highlight how we incorporated a timing variable in our design, achieved a collaborative relationship with the hosting organization, and negotiated the organizational and research needs in designing a research study.
- 9781529763249 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32885880