Nigel's choice [electronic resource] : a hotel appraiser's decision-making issues when interests conflict / Chris Gibbs, Gail Cook-Johnson
- Gibbs, Chris, active 2018
- London : International CHRIE, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Cook-Johnson, Gail
- SAGE Business Cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- With the decline in oil prices, a bank located in oil-dependent Calgary, Alberta (Canada) is feeling overexposed. It has issued a demand for Smithson Development to reappraise The Apollo Hotel, which the bank almost completely financed for the developer. When Nigel Darwani, the appraiser chosen by Smithson, submits his draft revaluation of The Apollo, Smithson pressures Nigel to revise his numbers. Nigel is very aware that Smithson provides him with a significant portion of his annual income. He struggles to decide if there is a way to credibly satisfy both his ethical mandate as a certified appraiser and Smithson's needs.
- 9781529719512 (ebook)
- Originally Published InGibbs, C., & Cook-Johnson, G. (2018). Nigel's choice: A hotel appraiser's decision- making issues when interests conflict. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Cases, 6(3), 48-54.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 32887272