Daily meditations: or, Quotidian preparations for, and considerations of death and eternity. Begun July 19. 1666 [microform] / By Philip Pain; who lately suffering shipwrack, was drowned. ; [Four lines of Scripture texts].
- Pain, Philip, -1668?
- Cambridge [Mass.] : Printed by Marmaduke Johnson, 1668.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 16 pages, 2 unnumbered pages ; (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- J. T.
- "A postscript to the reader."--p. [17-18], in verse; signed: J.T.
"This work is the earliest known specimen of original American verse printed in the English colonies."--Wegelin.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 128).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 128
Wegelin, O. Amer. poetry, 299
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) P190
View MARC record | catkey: 3289616