The doctrine of earthquakes [microform] : Two sermons preached at a particular fast in Weymouth, Nov. 3. 1727. The Friday after the earthquake. Wherein this terrible work appears not to proceed from natural second causes, in any orderly way of their producing: but from the mighty power of God immediately interposed; and is to the world, a token of God's anger, &c. and presage of terrible changes. : With examples of many earthquakes in history, --illustrating this doctrine. / By Thomas Paine, M.A. Pastor of a church in Weymouth. ; [Five lines from Isaiah].
- Paine, Thomas, 1694-1757
- Boston : Printed for D. Henchman, over-against the Brick Meeting-House in Cornhill, MDCCXXVIII. 
- Physical Description:
- 87 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 17 cm (8vo)
- Errata note on verso of title page.
Half-title: Mr. Paine's sermons on the earthquakes.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 3079).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 3079
View MARC record | catkey: 3289625