The Secretary's guide, or, Young man's companion [microform] : in four parts. Part I. Contains directions for spelling, reading and writing true English, with right pronunciation. Part II. Arithmetick made easie ... Part III. The method of writing and inditing letters upon most subjects ... Part IV. Contains a choice collection of bills, of parcels, bills, bonds, letters of attorney ... profitable both for old and young to learn and know. : The whole adorned with variety of other matters, as will appear in the perusal thereof
- [New York] : Printed and sold by William Bradford in New-York, 1729.
- This fourth edition is much enlarged.
- Physical Description:
- 12 unnumbered pages, 192 pages
- Additional Creators:
- Bradford, William, 1663-1752
- "Books printed and sold by William Bradford in New-York, viz."--p. ., "To the reader. ... It is now above thirty years since I first compiled this short manual ..."--p. [5-6]. Signed: W.B. [i.e., William Bradford]., Edition statement transposed; precedes "The whole adorned with variety of other matters ..." on the title page., and ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 3139).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 3139
View MARC record | catkey: 3292004