Stafford's almanack for the year of our Lord 1783 [microform] ; ... Adapted to the horizon, and meridian of New-Haven, lat. 41 deg. 19 min. north: long. 73 deg. 14 min. to the westward of the observatory at Greenwich; but may serve indifferently for all the towns in Connecticut. / By Hosea Stafford, philo. ...
- Strong, Nehemiah, 1729-1807
- New-Haven : Printed & sold by T. & S. Green, 
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 16 cm (12mo)
- Advertised in the Connecticut journal, New Haven, Dec. 26, 1782.
Attributed to Strong by Evans and in: Bates, A.C. "Checklist of Connecticut almanacs." Proceedings of the American Antiquarian Society, n.s. v. 24 (1914): 102, 124. The title pages of Strong's almanacs for 1806 and 1807 published at New Haven identify Strong as the author of those formerly issued under the pseudonym of Hosea Stafford.
The Anatomy is the only illustration.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 17732).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Drake, M. Almanacs, 353
Evans, C. American bibliography, 17732
Trumbull, J.H. Connecticut, 174
View MARC record | catkey: 3292771