The following song composed on the lamented death of Michael Griswould, Junior, of Killingworth [microform] : who was killed at a raising, in the year 1771. / (Written by B.T.).
- Teall, Benjamin
- [New London, Conn.?] : [publisher not identified], [1771?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 39 x 24 cm
- Recorded among Massachusetts broadsides by Ford, but considered by the Houghton Library, Harvard University, to be a New London imprint.
Verse of twenty four stanzas printed in two columns. First line: There is a God of boundless might. Followed, in a third column, by: The following letter to the young people. By the same hand. Verse of twelve stanzas, signed: Benjamin Teall. First line: Lo! here's a call to those in youth.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 42283).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Bristol, R.P. Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography, B3393
Ford, W.C. Broadsides, 1598
Shipton, C.K. National index of American imprints through 1800 42283
Wegelin, O. Amer. poetry, 386
View MARC record | catkey: 3292918