By the United States in Congress assembled. Proclamation [microform] : At all times it is our duty to acknowledge the over-ruling providence of the great Governor of the Universe ... recommend, that Thursday the third day of May next may be observed as a day of humiliation, fasting and prayer ... Done in Congress the twentieth day of March ... one thousand seven hundred and eighty-one ...
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Continental Congress
- [Boston] : [Printed by Benjamin Edes and Sons], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 46 x 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Massachusetts. Governor (1780-1785 : Hancock).
- Followed by: Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Agreeably to the above proclamation, I do ... recommend that Thursday the third day of May next, be observed ... as a day of humiliation, fasting and prayer ... Given at the council-chamber in Boston, the eleventh day of April ... one thousand seven hundred and eighty-one ... John Hancock.
Imprint supplied by Evans.
Printed area measures 37.0 x 18.1 cm.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 17386).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 17386
Ford, W.C. Broadsides, 2301
View MARC record | catkey: 3293829