Bailey's pocket almanac, for the year of our Lord 1789 ... [microform].
- Philadelphia : Printed and sold by Francis Bailey, at Yorick's Head, in Market-Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 32 unnumbered pages ; 10 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Workman, Benjamin
- Advertised in the Freeman's journal, Nov. 19, 1788., The extensive eclipse predictions are identical in wording with those in the Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia almanack for 1789 (Baltimore). The latter almanac is presumably by Benjamin Workman, who calculated the preceding and succeeding issues. The few astronomical notes on the calendar pages, with one exception, and the calculations for the moon's rising and setting, are also identical. The other calculations vary slightly for the most part, reflecting the difference in meridian between Baltimore and Philadelphia., and ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 20940).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Drake, M. Almanacs, 10240 and Evans, C. American bibliography, 20940
View MARC record | catkey: 3296449