The Holy Bible [microform] : containing the Old and New Testaments: together with the Apocrypha: / translated out of the original tongues, with the former translations diligently compared and revised, by the special command of King James I, of England. ; With marginal notes and references. ; To which are added, an index, and an alphabetical table of all the names in the Old and New Testaments, with their significations
- Uniform Title:
- Bible. English. Authorized. 1791
- United States of America. Printed at the press in Worcester, Massachusetts : By Isaiah Thomas. sold by him in Worcester; and by him and Company, at Faust's Statue, no. 45, Newbury Street, Boston, MDCCXCI. 
- Physical Description:
- 1, 310 pages, 2 unnumbered pages, 2 unnumbered leaves of plates : illustrations ; 30 cm (4to)
- Additional Creators:
- Seymour, Joseph H.
- "Family record of marriage, and births of children."--p. . "Family record of deaths."--p. .
Fifty plates were prepared for the folio edition published by Thomas in the same year. As the frontispieces (plates I and XXXIII) were too large for the quarto edition, they were omitted and plates XXIX and XLVIII used instead. Plate XXIX unsigned; plate XLVIII signed: J. Seymour.
Printed in two columns.
Some copies bound in two volumes. Issued in three styles: with 2 copperplates; with two copperplates and concordance; and with 48 copperplates and concordance "in elegant binding." Cf. Isaiah Thomas's catalogue of English, Scotch, Irish, and American books ... 1801. The present issue has 2 plates and is without concordance.
The Old (p. 7-1014) and New (p. 1017-1276) Testaments have separate title pages.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 23185).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 23185
Hills, M.T. Engl. Bible in Amer., 30
View MARC record | catkey: 3296868