The Holy Bible [microform] : containing the Old and New Testaments: together with the Apocrypha; / translated out of the original tongues: and with the former translations, diligently compared and revised
- Uniform Title:
- Bible. English. Authorized. 1798
- Philadelphia : Printed for John Thompson & Abraham Small, (from the hot press of John Thompson.), M.DCC.XCVIII [i.e., 1796-1798]
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 42 cm (folio)
- Additional Creators:
- Lawson, Alexander, 1773-1846
- "Subscribers' names."-- v. 2, p. [649-650].
First issued in parts, 1796-1798. The Apocrypha (v. 2, p. [251-386]), signed separately, have caption title and are printed in italics. The New Testament (v. 2, p. [387-648]), also signed separately, has separate title page.
Parentheses substituted for square brackets in imprint transcription.
Printed in two columns. Frontispiece engraved by Alexander Lawson.
Vol 1:  p.,  leaf of plates; v. 2: 650 p.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 30066).
Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 31808).
Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 33408).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 30066
Evans, C. American bibliography, 31808
Evans, C. American bibliography, 33408
Hills, M.T. Engl. Bible in Amer., 62
View MARC record | catkey: 3296887