Gospel-ministers must be wise, faithful and exemplary, in order, to be pure from the blood of all men [microform] : A sermon preached at the ordination of the Rev. John Cleaveland, Jun. to the pastoral care of the church and congregational in the town of Stoneham, Oct. 19, 1785. / By his father, John Cleaveland, A.M. Pastor of the Second Church in Ipswich
- Cleaveland, John, 1722-1799
- Newbury-Port [Mass.] : Printed and sold by John Mycall, 
- Physical Description:
- 40 pages ; 22 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Breck, Daniel, 1748-1845, Hopkins, Daniel, 1734-1814, and Church of Christ in Stoneham
- "The charge, given to the Rev. John Cleaveland, by the Rev. Daniel Hopkins, of Salem."--p. -31.
"The right hand of fellowship, tendered by the Rev. Daniel Breck, of Topsfield."--p. -34.
A confession of faith, submitted to the ordaining council, by Mr. John Cleaveland, Jun. ..."--p. -40.
Half-title: Mr. Cleaveland's sermon, at the ordination of his son, the Rev. John Cleaveland, Jun.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 18957).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 18957
View MARC record | catkey: 3298411