New travels to the westward, or, unknown parts of America [microform] : Being a tour of almost fourteen months. : Containing, an account of the country upwards of two thousand miles west of the Christian parts of North-America; with an account of white Indians, their manners, habits, and many other particulars. / By Don Alonso Decalves. ; Confirmed by thee [i.e., three] other persons
- Decalves, Alonso
- Norwich [Conn.] : Printed and sold by John Trumbull, M,DCC,LXXXVIII. 
- Physical Description:
- iv, 1 unnumbered page, 6-34 pages ; 17 cm (8vo)
- Evans entry 21786 is based upon an advertisement in the Norwich packet, April 3, 1789, presumably for this edition.
Fictitious account of an overland trip from New Orleans to the Northwest coast in 1786-7. The account of John Vandelure's captivity among the Indians is, however, based on fact.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 21786).
Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 45250).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Bristol, R.P. Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography, B6694
Evans, C. American bibliography, 21786
Shipton, C.K. National index of American imprints through 1800 45250
Trumbull, J.H. Connecticut (suppl.), 2456
View MARC record | catkey: 3299425