Meditations and contemplations [microform] : in two volumes. Containing, Vol. I.--Meditations among the tombs; Reflections on a flower-garden; and, A descant upon creation. Vol. II.--Contemplations on the night. Contemplations on the starry heavens; and, A winter-piece. / By James Hervey, A.M. late Rector of Weston-Favell, Northamptonshire. ; Volume I[-II].
- Hervey, James, 1714-1758
- Philadelphia : Printed for Robert Campbell, bookseller, M.DCC.XCIV. [1794-1795]
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes ; 18 cm (12mo)
- Additional Creators:
- R. T.
Browne, Moses, 1704-1787
Duick, J. (John)
Gibbons, Thomas, 1720-1785
Molesworth, Saint George
Whalley, Peter, 1722-1791
- "Books printed for, and sold by Robert Campbell, bookseller, no. 54, South Second-Street."--v. 2, p. [175-176].
"Verses to Mr. Hervey, on his Meditations."--v. 1, p. vii-xvii, by "a physician," Moses Browne, John Duick, Thomas Gibbons, St. George Molesworth and Peter Whalley.
Vol. 1 dedicated to Miss R.T.; v. 2 dedicated to Paul Orchard.
Vol. 1: xvii, , 179,  p.; v. 2: ix, , 14-174,  p.
Vol. 2 (ix, , 14-174,  p.) has separate title page.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 27118).
Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 28829).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 27118
Evans, C. American bibliography, 28829
View MARC record | catkey: 3301996