Hutchins improved: being an almanack and ephemeris ... for the year of our Lord 1794 ... [microform] / By John Nathan Hutchins, philom
- New-York : Printed and sold by H. Gaine, at his printing office, at the Bible, in Hanover-Square. Where may be had, the New-York pocket almanack, 
- Physical Description:
- 36 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 17 cm (12mo)
- Additional Creators:
- Beers, Andrew, 1749-1824
Hutchins, John Nathan, 1700 or 1701-1782
- Hutchins died in 1782, and the calculator of the present almanac is Andrew Beers. The calculations in the ephemeris and for the moon's rising and setting are identical with those in his Beers's almanac and ephemeris for 1794, published at Hartford. The other columns of calculations vary to a degree reflecting the difference in meridian between Hartford and New York. The astronomical and horological notes in Hutchins correspond to those in Beers, omitting a few, and with some slight differences in the times given.
Printer's advertisement, p. .
The Anatomy is the only illustration.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 25646).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Drake, M. Almanacs, 6016
Evans, C. American bibliography, 25646
View MARC record | catkey: 3302461