Hutchins improved: being an almanack and ephemeris ... for the year of our Lord 1800 ... [microform] / By John Nathan Hutchins, philom
- New-York : Printed and sold by H. Gaine, at his printing-office, at the Bible, in Pearl-Street. Where may be had, the New-York pocket almanack, 
- Physical Description:
- 36 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 16 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Beers, Andrew, 1749-1824
Hutchins, John Nathan, 1700 or 1701-1782
- Booksellers' advertisement for Gaine and Philip Ten Eyck, p. .
Hutchins died in 1782, and the calculator of the present almanac is Andrew Beers. The astronomical and horological notes on the calendar pages (with a few omissions), and the calculations for the rising and setting of the moon, are identical with those in his Beers' almanac for 1800, published at Hartford. The other calculations vary to a degree reflecting the difference in meridian between Hartford and New York. An advertisement for Beers's surveying business appears on p. .
The Anatomy is the only illustration.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 35649).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Drake, M. Almanacs, 6098
Evans, C. American bibliography, 35649
View MARC record | catkey: 3302467