The beauties of Johnson [microform] : consisting of maxims and observations, moral, critical and miscellaneous. / By Dr. Samuel Johnson. ; (Accurately extracted from his works, and arranged in alphabetical order, after the manner of the Duke de La Roche-Foucault's Maxims.) ; To which is prefixed, The life of Dr. Johnson; with some papers written by him, in behalf of a late unfortunate character
- Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784
- Philadelphia : Printed by W. Spotswood, MDCCLXXXVII. 
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 103 pages, 1 unnumbered page, 138 pages, 6 unnumbered pages ; 17 cm (12mo)
- "A catalogue of Dr. Johnson's works."--p. 100-103, 1st count., Bookseller's advertisement, p. ., Half-title: The beauties of Johnson, &c. &c., Index, p. [139-143]., and ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 20433).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 20433
View MARC record | catkey: 3302748