Commonwealth of Massachusetts. By His Excellency John Hancock, Esquire ... A brief [microform] : The Society for Propagating the Gospel among the Indians and Others in North-America, lately incorporated by an act of this commonwealth, having requested and petitioned that a brief should be issued to make collections in the several religious societies for these important purposes ... Given under my hand and the seal of the commonwealth aforesaid, this twentieth day of June, Anno Domini, 1788 ...
- Corporate Author:
- Massachusetts. Governor (1787-1793 : Hancock)
- [Boston] : [Printed by Adams and Nourse], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) : illustrations (relief cut) ; 52 x 39 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hancock, John, 1737-1793, Massachusetts. General Court, and Society for Propagating the Gospel among the Indians and Others in North America
- Followed by the Society's petition to the General Court requesting that the governor issue a brief, signed: Francis Dana, Edward Wigglesworth, Peter Thacher, in the name and by order of the society.
Printed area measures 40.8 x 27.9 cm.
Signed: John Hancock. By His Excellency's command, with the advice and consent of the Council. John Avery, Jun. secretary.
Thomas Adams and John Nourse were printers to the Commonwealth in 1788.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 45291).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Bristol, R.P. Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography, B6734
Ford, W.C. Broadsides, 2518
Shipton, C.K. National index of American imprints through 1800 45291
View MARC record | catkey: 3304227