Advertisement! To the several printers in Hartford, New-Haven, New-London and Norwich [microform] : Pray print the following immediately! ... Wanted! Seventeen fool's coats, and seventeen caps ... they must be delivered at Middletown, on Friday the first day of April next ...
- Panca, Sancho
- [Middletown, Conn.?] : [Printed by Moses H. Woodward?], [1796?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page)
- Dated and signed: March 19. Sancho Panca.
Place and date of publication suggested by the Rosenbach Foundation. Moses H. Woodward was the only printer in Middletown in 1796.
Probably an April Fools' Day prank. There is no evidence of a convention in Middletown in 1796.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 43750).
Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 47696).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Bristol, R.P. Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography, B5003
Shipton, C.K. National index of American imprints through 1800 43750
Shipton, C.K. National index of American imprints through 1800 47696
View MARC record | catkey: 3306375