National Hospital Discharge Survey. Annual summary [electronic resource].
- Uniform Title:
- National Hospital Discharge Survey. Annual summary (Online)
- Additional Titles:
- Annual summary
- Hyattsville, Md. : U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control, National Center for Health Statistics ; Washington, D.C. : For sale by Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O.
- Additional Creators:
- National Center for Health Statistics (U.S.)
National Hospital Discharge Survey (U.S.)
- 1987-1993, 1995: Vital and health statistics. Series 13, Data from the National Health Survey
1994, 1996-1998: Vital and health statistics. Series 13, Data from the National Health Care Survey
1987-1998: DHHS publication ; no. (PHS)
- Presents statistics on the utilization of non-Federal short-stay hospitals based on data collected through the National Hospital Discharge Survey from a national sample of the hospital records of discharged inpatients. Estimates are provided by the demographic characteristics of patients discharged, geographic region of hospitals, conditions diagnosed, and surgical and nonsurgical procedures performed. Measurements of hospital use include frequency, rate and percent of discharges and days of care, and average length of stay.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Began with 1987, published in 1989; ceased with 1998, published in 2000.
- Publication Frequency:
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Issuing Body:
- Issued by: Centers for Disease Control, National Center for Health Statistics, 1987-1990; by: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, 1991-1998.
- Complexity Note:
- Merged with: Detailed diagnoses and procedures, National Hospital Discharge Survey, to form: National Hospital Discharge Survey. Annual summary with detailed diagnosis and procedure data (Online).
View MARC record | catkey: 33063827