Pennsylvania, ss. By the vice-president and the Supreme Executive Council of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, a proclamation [microform] : Whereas by depositions taken according to law, it appears that several evil disposed persons have conspired to obstruct the execution of the laws in the county of Luzerne, and have violently seized and carried off the person of Thomas Pickering, Esquire, an officer of government ... we have thought fit to offer ... a public reward of three hundred dollars ... Given in Council, under the hand of the Honourable Peter Muhlenberg, Esquire, vice-president ... at Philadelphia, this eighth day of July ... one thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight
- Corporate Author:
- Pennsylvania. Supreme Executive Council
- [Philadelphia] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet (1 unnumbered page) ; 42 x 33 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Muhlenberg, John Peter Gabriel, 1746-1807
- Related Titles:
- Pennsylvanien, ss. Von dem Vice-Praüsidenten und dem Hohen Rath der Republik Pennsylvanien, eine Proclamation
- At head of title: state seal.
Followed by the same text in German.
Mistakenly dated 1785? by Bristol.
Signed: Peter Muhlenberg. Attest. Charles Biddle, secretary.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 44768).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Bristol, R.P. Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography, B6139
Shipton, C.K. National index of American imprints through 1800 44768
View MARC record | catkey: 3306747