An astronomical diary, calendar, or almanack, for the year of our Lord, 1796 [microform] : ... Adapted to the horizon and meridian of New-Haven, lat. 41 deg. 19 min. n. long. 73 deg. 14 min. west of the Flamsteed-House, or Royal Observatory at Greenwich: but may serve indifferently for all the towns in Connecticut. / By H. Stafford, philo math. ...
- Strong, Nehemiah, 1729-1807
- New-Haven : Printed and sold by T. & S. Green, 
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 18 cm (12mo)
- Advertised in the Connecticut journal, New Haven, Nov. 5, 1795.
In comparison with Strong's almanac of the same title published at Hartford for this year, the astronomical notes and calculations on the calendar pages are identical for the most part, the partial variations in the latter reflecting the difference in meridian between New Haven and Hartford. Strong's characteristic page entitled "Variation of sun and clock" is included.
The Anatomy is the only illustration.
The title pages of Strong's almanacs for 1806 and 1807 published at New Haven identify Strong as the author of those formerly issued under the pseudonym of Hosea Stafford.
ONLINE VERSION AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Digital image available in the Readex/Newsbank Digital Evans series.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. [New York : Readex Microprint, 1955-1983. 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. First series ; no. 29582).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Drake, M. Almanacs, 540
Evans, C. American bibliography, 29582
Trumbull, J.H. Connecticut, 189
View MARC record | catkey: 3309249